his activity consists of simple experiments to learn more about the different branches of optics.
Main event ERN 2023 -UA-Workshop-“Optical experiments”
Optics is the discipline that studies the behaviour and properties of light, including its interactions with matter, and the construction of optical instruments. This activity consists of simple experiments to learn more about the different branches of optics:
- Laws of refraction and reflection.
- Image formation with lenses, functioning of a camera obscura, light diffraction with a CD or 3D image formation with a mobile phone.
- Polarisation and effect of polarisers.
- Colour, with a focus on the influence of illuminants or colour measurement.
- Demonstrations of visual effects using printed images, showing, for example, how colour constancy leads to the perception of colours that are not real, or how memory and previous knowledge can influence object perception.
Coordinated by: Celia García Llopis, Department of Optics, Pharmacology and Anatomy
Date and Time:
Friday 29 September 2023
11 a.m.-2 p.m. for secondary education and vocational education centres
5.30 p.m.-midnight for the general public
Place: University of Alicante – San Vicente del Raspeig Campus – Sundial, Hangar, Control Tower and nearby areas.