This activity for all ages will consist of several workshops about Sociology.
Main Event ERN 2023 -UMU-Workshop-“Investigating Social Reality”
This activity for all ages will consist of the following workshops:
• How much do you know about today’s societies: We will use some fun questionnaires while curious with information on different aspects of sociology. The questionnaires will give from 3 to 5 response options. At the end of the questionnaire the/the sociologist/a present at the stand and the participants will comment on the solutions, explaining the reason for each response. We intend to combine the innate curiosity about social issues with the sociological explanation of them. A didactic gift will be given to the participants.
• Sociological trivia: The activity consists of a simulation of the Trivial game, with questions related to social reality in various categories: consumption, territory and environment, demography and population, inequality, sport and leisure, political action and social movements. Participants must match a question from each category to win the game. A prize will be awarded to the winners.
• Visual sociology: In this activity we will ask the public to take various photographs related to social issues that we will specify previously (globalization, consumption, inequality, environment…). Participants should upload the photos to Instagram and we will form a collage with them. At the end of the night the best photographs will be voted and a prize will be awarded
• Infographics: Objective: Through infographics is intended to make public various social indicators that allow us to know Spanish and Murcian society.
• Rosco Pasapalabra: The activity consists of the simulation of the game of Pasapalabra, in which the participants must hit a lot of words linked to sociological knowledge and their objects of research study.
Coordination: Gaspar Brändle Señán, Sociology Department, University of Murcia.
Day and time: 29 September, 18-22 hours.
Location: Patio del Campus de la Merced, University of Murcia.